We are less than five days away and here are some tips to prepare ahead of time for the ride.
– bring a bike lock so you can lock your bike during the walking portion of the tour.
– pack walking shoes if you are wearing cleated cycling shoes they can often be hard to walk in. (sandals and open-toed shoes are not allowed on the tours)
– if you don’t have a spare inner tube, I recommend always carrying one on you. If you are unsure what size to purchase stop off at your favorite local bike shop so they can check your tire size and valve type.
– if you haven’t bought a new water bottle in awhile, pick upone of those insulated water bottles or a camelback hydration packs while at the bike shop. I have planned 2-3 shady hydration/rest stops along the way each direction to refill.
– plan what snacks you need to pack for some quick nutrition to enjoy along the way down to Gary Indiana during our 60-mile round trip ride. We will be grabbinglunch around 11:30 at the Lake Effekt 2017 festival where there will be food vendors before we start the walking tours.
– bring cash for lunch or if you prefer you’re always welcome to pack your lunch
– ensure you have plenty of sunscreen, a helmet, and sunglasses.
– make sure you get a good night sleep Friday night and set your alarm clock(s). We are meeting at The Spoke & Bird on Indiana and 18th street in The Prairie District at 8:00 am.
– if you haven’t registered yet, here is the direct link: https://adventurecycling.tours/…/gary-indiana-architecture…/
Looking forward to this next great cycling adventure!